Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Finish a book!

I am so mad at myself, when I saw friends posting a picture of thick-ass books with captions like, "Finished reading in just a few hours, what a good book!"

Yes, I haven't finished a book for a while now, I remember only 2 last year. One about babies and one about time. I half-read tonnes in between, and kept on forgetting where I put them.

So this year, I vow to at least finish a book monthly since I found my long lost KINDLEEEEEEHH.

Yes, I have a kindle, I bought it out of curiosity, cause my husband have one and he's glued to it since forever, and Amazon was on sale, but I never establish keen for it, because I was stubborn that I must stick to books, and I was proud because I was 'traditional' and I loved boasting to him how I LOVE the smell of books.

Of course, I love their smell, but not being able to catch up to my reading because the book was a bit too big to fit into my bag, or I misplaced it somewhere, or I forgot to bring it with me to the car, or any other time I was out, or it was dark in the room and I couldn't read, I curse myself for not using the Kindle.

Well, those time has passed and I am wiser now because of it. And it's benefiting me too!

Did you know Kindle has apps that can be downloaded in the iPhones and MacBooks? I didn't! And every time I finished reading on the Kindle device, the other devices that has the app will sync themselves (provided there's coverage) and I can pick up at any device where I left off at the last page? And also they can store up to like thousands of books at one time??? Anddd did you know that one fully-charged Kindle can last up to 8 weeks for 30 mins daily use? And PDFs and eBooks also work on Kindle??? I didn't!!! Yes, okay let's calm down.

So...seems like I have all the reasons in the world ton not bail on the vow this time. Give me a month and I'll tell you if I do/don't!


No comments:

Post a Comment